Thank you for visiting my page. I am Taylor, owner and photographer. I have been in the business for 7 years. I love it. I got lucky when life led me down the path that brought me to where I am now. I have met some of the very best people that have become my friends. I take a relaxed approach to photography that clients often describe as "calming". A wedding day is full of energy, friends and family buzzing around, excitement and joy filling the room. It is my job to capture these moments and make sure that your timeline runs smoothly all while letting you enjoy the present moment. I want your experience to be the very best!
I am willing to travel just about anywhere so nothing is off limits. I also work with families and small businesses. If we sound like a good match, please contact me. I would love to hear from you!
In an effort to help our local community, a portion of all wedding and portrait sales will be donated to families in need.
7. Quick Facts About Me
1) If I could jump on a plane tomorrow and go anywhere it would be Mexico City with my camera and a small suitcase. I would eat, drink and photograph the city until my heart is content.
2) I am a mother to three awesome kids, Josey, Wylder and Rhys. I also have a cat and a dog, Shadow and Winnie. The cat eats the dogs food and the dog just stands there dumbfounded by the fact that she is powerless to the little fuzzy tyrant.
3) I started my business with my husband after we got married in August of 2013. 7 years and running strong, both the marriage and the business ;)
4) Ryan and I met zip-lining in Maryland. He called me "Sarah" more than once. I finally turned and said with a smile, "My name is Taylor not Sarah." He denied ever saying it. Later that night, I sent him a text and said, "Hey this is Sarah, with an H. Do you want to go to a carnival with me?" We went on the swings. Fell in love. The rest is history.
5) I cry at every single wedding I shoot. No lie. It is quietly and behind my camera. Don't worry. I won't make a scene but know that I love being there and witnessing your day.
6) This is a really really important one.....Taylor Cotilla Photography does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability or sexual orientation. I will not employ anyone that does.
7) I won the Buck Happening Best in Wedding Photography two years and couples favorite on Wedding Wire! Thank you to everyone that voted for me :) Couldn't do this without awesome clients that truly become my friends for life.